Friday, May 10, 2013

Monster Island XI Tokyo Drift

I think this will be the last Monster Island post for a while. I animated so much there's a lot to throw out there. But I wanted to make a post about two more of the characters I did the art for and then animated, since I wasn't always able to create characters on the project.

First up, we have the "blood monkey" and the "blood baboon." Originally we were provided baboon art from an outsourcer for the monkey, which was somewhat confusing, so I was tasked with making the monkey. But then we still had some baboon art, so why not? After drawing the monkey, I then used elements of it to create the baboon with some of the facial parts I cleaned up the the outsourcer. I'm fond of the look and animation of both of these:


After that we have "lab chicken," who I guess is some mutated chicken escaped from a lab. It was sort of a rare miniboss that gave good loot if you were ever to fight it. This one was a lot of dumb fun to create. He shoots mind rays!

Here are some of the concepts I did before arriving at the final chicken beast:

And last I want to show the Mothman, because it was one of my favorite bosses to animate as it was a change of pace and kills through psychic energy. Mothman art done by Alicia Andrew:

No comments:

Post a Comment